Irregular Route Carrier
Irregular route carriers are defined as motor carriers that may provide service utilizing any route, as opposed to those that have been granted operating authority for specific routes. These carriers are not subject to the same restrictions as common carriers, and as such, they have more flexibility in terms of the routes they can take. This can be beneficial for shippers, as it gives them more options when it comes to choosing a carrier.
However, it is important to note that irregular route carriers are not required to provide service to all points on their chosen route, and they may also change their routes at any time. As such, shippers should always confirm with the carrier that their chosen route is still available before booking shipping services.
Irregular Route Carrier works best for:
- When seeking a more flexible solution for shipping needs.
- When common carriers are not able to service the required route.
- When shippers need more control over their shipments
Shippers should be aware of the following when working with an Irregular Route Carrier:
- They are not required to provide service to all points on their chosen route.
- Their routes may change at any time.
- Always confirm that the carrier’s chosen route is still available before booking shipping services.